Expertly crafted shareholders’ agreements tailored to your business needs
If you’re in the process of purchasing a business or establishing a new one, you will require an expertly drafted shareholders’ agreement to set out the rights of majority and minority shareholders. Our corporate & commercial solicitors possess the necessary skill and experience to advise on this.
What is a shareholders’ agreement?
A shareholder agreement is a contract between shareholders in a company that outlines procedures, operations and protects shareholder rights. Unlike Articles of Association, there is no statutory requirement to have a shareholder agreement. However, it is highly advisable that one is in place in order to protect both the company and its shareholders in the event of a falling out.
You can learn more about shareholder agreements and why expert guidance is important by reading: Benefits of Expertly Crafted Shareholders’ Agreements.
We provide bespoke shareholders’ agreements, unique to every client’s business
At RSW Law, our team of London based solicitors are known for advising on company structure and shareholder agreements. We provide comprehensive advice and guidance that is bespoke to the unique requirements of every business and its shareholders.
Our shareholder agreement solicitors can advise on:
- Drafting and reviewing shareholders agreements to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Providing guidance on the rights, obligations and responsibilities of shareholders as outlined in the agreement.
- Assisting in negotiating and structuring the terms and conditions of the shareholders agreement to protect the interests of our clients.
- Offering expert advice on share ownership and transfer restrictions, including pre-emption rights and tag-along/drag-along provisions.
- Resolving disputes and conflicts among shareholders by offering mediation, negotiation or litigation services, depending on the circumstances.
- Advising on corporate governance matters related to shareholders’ agreements, including voting rights, board representation and decision-making processes.
- Assisting in the creation of exit strategies and mechanisms for shareholders, such as buyback provisions and rights of first refusal.
- Providing ongoing support to clients regarding the interpretation and enforcement of shareholders agreements throughout the lifecycle of the business.
Experienced in shareholders’ agreements across many sectors
Our track record showcases our ability to navigate diverse industries and deliver exceptional results for our clients.
We have considerable experience advising on shareholder agreements in a number of different sectors, including:
- Financial services
- Professional services
This experience makes us well placed to offer comprehensive advice.
Speak with a London based shareholder agreement solicitor
If you require an expertly drafted shareholders’ agreement, contact us today. Our team of experts is ready to help.
Or, visit Corporate & Commercial Law to learn more about our services.